Category Archives: Cake Decorating
• 2 quarts of your 2 favorite flavors ice cream, softened (I used only one kind but it looks nicer when you cut it if there is two different color of ice cream)
• 1 (1 lb) package chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed (Oreos)
• 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar microwavable chocolate fudge topping
• 12 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
1. Butter the cake pan of your choice, then press wax paper over the bottom of the pan ( I just buttered the pan and did not put waxed paper on the bottom)
2. Allow one of the flavors of ice cream to soften, then spread one flavor on the bottom of pan until the pan is almost half full.
3. Sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies.
4. Heat the hot fudge in the microwave until pourable; let cool slightly then spoon hot fudge sauce over the top of this. Set in freezer until frozen.
5. Fifteen minutes before removing the pan, soften the second quart of ice cream. Smooth it evenly with the top of the cake pan. Return to the freezer and freeze until very hard.
6. Remove from freezer and frost with a mixture of equal parts vanilla ice cream and thawed frozen whipped topping beaten together. Return to freezer until serving time.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup cooking oil
4 cups shredded carrots
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the oil and eggs to the flour mixture. Mix on low speed first until the flour is moistened and then turn the mixer to medium speed and mix until all the ingredients are just combined. With a spatula fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly blended. Fill a 9×13 inch baking pan 1/2 full with the batter and bake 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack before you frost it.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese- softened
1 stick butter- softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
Zest of 1 orange
Add everything in a large bowl. Mix on medium until the forsting is smooth and fluffy.
Frost the cooled cake with cream cheese frosting. Save a little bit of the frosting if you like and color some orange and some green. Pipe carrot shapes on the cake.